Preparation time45 min
200gcold leftover porridge
500gstrong white bread flour, plus extra for dusting
1/5 tspcaster sugar
1 tspflaked sea salt
30goats, to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6. Grease and flour a 900g loaf tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the leftover porridge, 300ml lukewarm water, bread flour, sugar, salt, and dried yeast. Mix well to evenly distribute the ingredients. Cover with a damp tea towel and leave to prove for 1 hour.
- Transfer the dough to the greased loaf tin and smooth the top with a spatula or the back of a spoon and sprinkle with oats.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Remove the bread from the oven and allow it to cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the bread has cooled, slice and spread 30g of Benecol® buttery taste spread on two slices and enjoy!
Products used in this recipe