How much Benecol do I have to eat to get the right daily amount of plant stanols?
How to get the recommended daily intake of 1.5 – 3.0g of plant stanols to lower your cholesterol from 7 to 12.5% is completely up to you.
For example, you could enjoy a Benecol yogurt drink providing 2g with your morning bowl of porridge and a serving of Benecol buttery taste spread, which provides 0.7g on your lunchtime baked potato. Or why not spread Benecol light lavishly on your breakfast toast, supplying 0.7g or and have a Benecol yogurt as a healthy evening pudding, which supplies 2g. The Benecol bars providing 1.6g of plant stanols are also great for easy cholesterol lowering on the go, or whenever you feel like a tasty wholegrain snack.
So just mix and match and choose from any of the following Benecol options to get recommended daily intake of 1.5 to 3.0g of plant stanols:
- One Benecol yogurt drink (67.5g-70g) provides 2.0g of plant stanols
- One Benecol soya drink (65.5g) provides 2.0g of plant stanols
- One pot of Benecol yogurt (120g) provides 2.0g of plant stanols
- Two teaspoons of Benecol spread (10g) provides 0.7g of plant stanols
- One Benecol bar (40g) provides 1.6g plant stanols
You can also check the packaging to find out the amount of plant stanols in individual Benecol products or check the product pages for the full Benecol product range.