1 tspvanilla extract
1/2pack of chocolate eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350F / Gas 4. Line a cupcake tin with paper cases.
- Put the Benecol spread and sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into the bowl.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the bowl and combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until risen and golden.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and decorate.
Each vanilla cupcake contains approximately 0.6g plant stanols*
Plant stanol ester has been shown to lower cholesterol. High cholesterol is a risk factor in the development of coronary heart disease. The beneficial effect has been shown with a daily intake of 1.5-3.0g plant stanols, as part, of a healthy diet and lifestyle.