serves 4 Gluten free and vegetarian
Preparation timeOver 30 min
1garlic clove, sliced thinly
2 tbspolive or rapeseed oil
1vegetable stock cube
hintof black pepper
- In a large pan, add 1 tbsp of olive oil, diced onion and a large pinch of salt and fry gently on a low heat until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic, season with black pepper and continue to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Slice the courgettes lengthways down the middle and then into 1cm slices. Add 1tbsp of olive oil to the onions, followed by the courgettes and stir to combine all the flavours.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until the courgettes start to turn golden and more translucent.
- Add the stock cube and 400ml of water and let simmer for 5-10 minutes until all cooked through and tender.
- Turn the heat off and add the spinach.
- Meanwhile, make the halloumi crisps. Simple grate the halloumi on a cheese grater and sprinkle into a non stick fan. Once golden at the edges, flip with a spatula and cook on the other side for a minute. Transfer onto kitchen paper, it will crisp up as it cools.
- Ladle the soup into a blender and add the soft cheese. Blend until smooth.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with basil leaves, chopped mint and halloumi crisp.
Products used in this recipe